βέβαιος, σίγουρος, ορισμένος, κάποιος, ασφαλής
Adjective(1) definite but not specified or identified(2) having or feeling no doubt or uncertainty; confident and assured, or certain(3) established beyond doubt or question; definitely known(4) certain to occur; destined or inevitable(5) established irrevocably(6) reliable in operation or effect(7) exercising or taking care great enough to bring assurance
(1) The chase is over almost before it has begun and Freya's grip is sure and certain .(2) certain aspects of the report(3) If one thing is certain about the war in Iraq, it is that lawyers are making a packet.(4) that's not certain yet(5) I'm not trying to sound like a saint, but we take for granted that we are healthy and able to live a certain way.(6) And this was a plagiarism from a certain Mr. "Toe" King, so called from this invention!(7) there's a certain knack to it(8) I think when you play a character you have to be able to relate to certain aspects.(9) Depending on the status of the field only certain units may be able to operate from the area.(10) If you do this out of necessity rather than choice you may be able to claim certain running costs.(11) He also relied upon certain paragraphs in the Guidance issued by the Secretary of State.(12) the only certain thing in this life is death(13) I am not certain about this particular rendition will taste, only time will tell.(14) Surely that would be as big a torment to the families of his victims as the certain knowledge that they will never know.(15) He is just as certain about this as he is about wanting to reach his sporting potential as an adult, not as a teenager.(16) There's no more sure and certain indication that you're not in control than this.
(1) for certain :: σίγουρα
(2) a certain :: ένα ορισμένο
(3) make certain :: Σιγουρέψου
(4) to a certain extent :: σε έναν ορισμένο βαθμό
(5) be certain :: να είσαι σίγουρος
(6) certain amount :: συγκεκριμένο ποσό
(7) it is certain :: είναι βέβαιο
(8) certain time :: συγκεκριμένη ώρα
(9) a certain amount :: ένα συγκεκριμένο ποσό
1. sure ::
2. unquestionable ::
3. inevitable ::
4. reliable ::
5. determined ::
6. particular ::
7. moderate ::
1. doubtful ::
2. dubious ::
3. uncertain ::
4. unsure ::
certain, certainly, certainties, certainty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The zeppelins are programmed to fly
to CERTAIN GPS coordinates,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
that CERTAIN women have
throughout their whole lives.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Um, if a CERTAIN
dog-like loyalty is useful,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
We'll each be responsible for
CERTAIN portions of the story
and then we can, uh--
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Are you CERTAIN?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Greek Dictionary: certain
Meaning and definitions of certain, translation in Greek
language for certain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of certain in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'certain'
What certain means in Greek, certain meaning
in Greek, certain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of certain in Greek language.