σύμβαση, συμβόλαιο, συμφωνητικόσυστέλλομαι, συστέλλω, κάνω συμβόλαι, ζαρώνω, συνάπτω, στενεύω, συμβάλλομαι, συναιρούμαι, αναλαμβάνω, παίρνω, κολλώ
Noun(1) a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law(2) (contract bridge(3) a variety of bridge in which the bidder receives points toward game only for the number of tricks he bid
Verb(1) enter into a contractual arrangement(2) engage by written agreement(3) squeeze or press together(4) be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness(5) become smaller or draw together(6) make smaller(7) compress or concentrate(8) make or become more narrow or restricted(9) reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
(1) When bidding a contract with a minor suit as trumps, the suit is not mentioned.(2) When people laugh, their muscles contract , their pulse rates rise and their breathing is faster.(3) The factory should be self contained and contract for, order and pay for all materials obtained locally.(4) Sanctions on a country could affect its ability to contract for concessional lending.(5) In others, employers contract privately to provide the benefits.(6) Breath-holding helps create a firm base upon which the muscles can effectively contract .(7) When he can't succeed in killing himself, he hires a contract killer to carry out the job for him.(8) Mucus production increases and the muscles surrounding the airways contract , narrowing the space through which air can flow.(9) When these muscles contract , they don't directly push the head forward.(10) Planning permission has already been obtained for the terminal and British Gas intends to contract for the use of 2.2 million tonnes a year of capacity.(11) A contract of marriage may be made through agents acting ad hoc on behalf of the bride and bridegroom themselves, or of their guardians.(12) Biotech companies also contract with individual farmers to grow pharma crops.(13) It is always open to minority shareholders to contract for such representation.(14) He could claim that while creating and producing hit game shows, he was also a contract assassin for the CIA.(15) When an agreement is reached with the owner, a private contract is written and signed.(16) The company wants to contract for as much technological capability as it can.
(1) breach of contract :: παραβίαση της Σύμβασης
(2) sales contract :: συμβόλαιο πώλησης
(3) to contract :: να συμβληθούν
(4) contract law :: το δίκαιο των συμβάσεων
(5) sign a contract :: υπογράφω ένα συμβόλαιο
(6) service contract :: σύμβαση παροχής υπηρεσιών
(7) under contract :: με συμβόλαιο
(8) employment contract :: σύμβαση εργασίας
(9) draft contract :: σχέδιο σύμβασης
(10) social contract :: κοινωνικό συμβόλαιο
1. agreement ::
2. contract bridge ::
3. declaration ::
4. shrink ::
5. tighten ::
6. wrinkle ::
7. shorten ::
8. undertake ::
9. develop ::
10. incur ::
11. reduce ::
12. get ::
13. narrow ::
14. squeeze ::
15. concentrate ::
16. sign up ::
contract, contracted, contractible, contractile, contracting, contractor, contractors, contracts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and when my CONTRACT is up,
l'll just simply hang it all up,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
If that CONTRACT breaks down,
then all social CONTRACTs break down.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
No. What I'm saying is,
you could add a clause to the CONTRACT
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
Sheldon, did you draft the CONTRACT?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
of the marriage CONTRACT:
beeswax comma none of your.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
English to Greek Dictionary: contract
Meaning and definitions of contract, translation in Greek
language for contract with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of contract in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'contract'
What contract means in Greek, contract meaning
in Greek, contract
definition, examples and pronunciation
of contract in Greek language.