Noun(1) a licensed medical practitioner(2) (Roman Catholic Church(3) children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office(4) a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent
Verb(1) alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive(2) give medical treatment to(3) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
(1) I turned to the hair doctor for advice.(2) hospital doctor(3) My cat needs me to feed her, take her to the doctor , and open the door for her.(4) I was told, even if the papers from abroad prove inoculations, the dogs have to be checked by a veterinary doctor in the airport.(5) Her family doctor prescribed a drug that helped, but it made her tired.(6) This is the way he described working as a script doctor vs. writing his own stuff.(7) Contraception is normally supplied by your doctor or by the family planning clinic.(8) After directing the film, he hightailed it out to Bali, only to return again to work as a script doctor .(9) the wisest doctor is gravelled by the inquisitiveness of a child(10) I learnt this as a junior spin doctor for a minor political party.(11) she's a doctor(12) she's in the care of a doctor(13) the script doctor rewrote the original(14) Ask your private doctor or hospital clinic physician for information as to how you can obtain a bone density test.(15) Money is wasted on explosions and stunts when it should have been given to a script doctor .(16) Any woman who is worried about this should speak to her doctor , midwife or obstetrician.
(1) medical doctor :: γιατρός
(2) see a doctor :: Δες ένα γιατρό
(3) family doctor :: οικογενειακός γιατρός
(4) eye doctor :: οφθαλμίατρος
(5) female doctor :: γυναίκα γιατρός
(6) see the doctor :: Δες το γιατρό
(7) call the doctor :: καλέσετε τον γιατρό
(8) be a doctor :: είναι ένας γιατρός
(9) doctor of philosophy :: Γιατρός της Φιλοσοφίας
1. physician ::
2. doctor of the church ::
Ο γιατρός της εκκλησίας
4. treat ::
5. adulterate ::
6. falsify ::
7. sophisticate ::
8. mend ::
doctor, doctoral, doctored, doctoring, doctors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Bravest person in the Marvel Universe
is the DOCTOR...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Oh, me, too.
I mean, the DOCTOR was willing
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
And what kind of DOCTOR
removes shoes from asses?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
Doctor Who sure does have
a thing for modern-day London.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
English to Greek Dictionary: doctor
Meaning and definitions of doctor, translation in Greek
language for doctor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of doctor in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'doctor'
What doctor means in Greek, doctor meaning
in Greek, doctor
definition, examples and pronunciation
of doctor in Greek language.