δεσποινίδα, αστοχίααστοχώ, χάνω, παραλείπω, ελλείπω, αποτυχαίνω, ποθώ
Noun(1) a young female(2) a failure to hit (or meet or find etc(3) a form of address for an unmarried woman
Verb(1) fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind(2) feel or suffer from the lack of(3) fail to attend an event or activity(4) leave undone or leave out(5) fail to reach or get to(6) be without(7) fail to reach(8) be absent(9) fail to experience
(1) I enjoy it when you touch me, but I'm not sure if that's just because I miss physical contact.(2) You miss your menstrual period and confirm with a doctor that you're pregnant.(3) We hope that she's alive, but we really miss just seeing her, knowing what's going on.(4) For some reason I miss the turn off for the country train arrivals.(5) don't miss the chance to hear her(6) ├ö├ç├┐Well hello, young miss ,├ö├ç├û a man who looked to be in his late years greeted with a smile.(7) But pitying her as an icon of suffering would miss the point.(8) he didn't miss a day at school(9) he's rich├ö├ç├Âhe won't miss the money(10) if we miss a few things in the first draft, we can add them later(11) Personally, I would miss my girls too much if I gave it up.(12) she didn't miss her purse until the next morning(13) don't miss the chance to visit the breathtaking Dolomites(14) Ten minutes from the end King made up for his dreadful miss with a terrific right-foot curler which sailed into the top corner.(15) He also had to hold his hands up afterwards to a glaring miss late in the game.(16) we'll miss the train if he doesn't hurry
(1) to miss :: να χάσω
(2) miss out :: χάνω
(3) near miss :: παρ 'ολίγον
(4) miss the bus :: χάνω το λεωφορείο
(5) miss the train :: χάνω το τρένο
(6) miss out on :: χάσετε
(7) miss the point :: χάνω το νόημα
(8) miss a friend :: χάσετε ένα φίλο
1. failure ::
2. young woman ::
3. misfire ::
4. missy ::
5. fail to hit ::
αποτυγχάνουν να χτυπήσει
6. fail to catch ::
αδυνατούν να καλύψουν
7. be too late for ::
να είναι πολύ αργά για
8. fail to hear ::
αποτυγχάνουν να ακούσει
10. fail to attend ::
αδυνατούν να παρακολουθήσουν
11. let slip ::
αφήνω να γλιστρίσει
12. avoid ::
13. pine for ::
14. lose ::
15. lack ::
16. escape ::
17. drop ::
1. attend ::
miss, missed, misses, missing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How did we MISS that?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
I'm gonna MISS you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
She might be dying and, you know,
wouldn't want to MISS that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
You both MISS him.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
If you MISS me X plus one,
I'll MISS you
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Greek Dictionary: miss
Meaning and definitions of miss, translation in Greek
language for miss with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of miss in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'miss'
What miss means in Greek, miss meaning
in Greek, miss
definition, examples and pronunciation
of miss in Greek language.