ασπίδα, προστασία, ασπίς, αιγίςπροασπίζω, αποκρύπτω
Noun(1) a protective covering or structure(2) armor carried on the arm to intercept blows(3) hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
Verb(1) protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm(2) hold back a thought or feeling about
(1) The protective shield remains over your eye to protect it from injury.(2) Last year's unsung hero, Lee Carsley, provided a great shield for our back four.(3) It's like Mother Nature provided us with a shield from the outside world.(4) Uranium was used to shield tanks against attack by conventional armour-piercing weapons.(5) Patrick whipped out his new shield and the shield defended against the blow.(6) One photograph of an internal mold of the dorsal shield shows a ├ö├ç├┐faint impression of the brain.├ö├ç├û(7) He sells the bamboo to supplement his income and provide a natural shield for his small coffee plantation.(8) water is a relatively good shield against cosmic rays(9) it acts as a shield against disease(10) Each of his soldiers was ordered to carry a cat on his shield , thus preventing the Egyptians, to whom the cat was sacred, from striking a blow.(11) She managed a shaky grin, leaning heavily against the side of the shield .(12) a coating of grease provides a shield against abrasive dirt(13) Upon the shield was the traditional animal, a large bore head with the royal house sword of battle behind it.(14) Northern Finland is part of the Precambrian Fennoscandian shield .(15) The fusion of the cephalic segments is most obvious when a cephalic shield or carapace is present.(16) face shield
(1) face shield :: προστατευτικό κάλυμμα προσώπου
(2) heat shield :: θερμική ασπίδα
(3) eye shield :: ασπίδα ματιού
(4) human shield :: ανθρώπινη ασπίδα
(5) tax shield :: φορολογική ασπίδα
(6) shield volcano :: ασπίδα ηφαίστειο
(7) gum shield :: ασπίδα των ούλων
(8) protective shield :: προστατευτική ασπίδα
(9) water shield :: ασπίδα νερό
(10) end shield :: τέλος ασπίδα
1. escutcheon ::
2. protection ::
3. shell ::
4. buckler ::
5. protect ::
6. harbor ::
7. screen ::
shield, shielded, shielding, shields
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
is your mother
teaching you how to use a SHIELD?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
But the dragon saw a dumb man
holding a mirrored SHIELD.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
the SHIELD, and the three spears.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
"I am the SHIELD
that guards the realms of men."
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
to be the SHIELD
that guards the realms of men.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
English to Greek Dictionary: shield
Meaning and definitions of shield, translation in Greek
language for shield with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shield in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shield'
What shield means in Greek, shield meaning
in Greek, shield
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shield in Greek language.