σύντομα, γρήγορα, νωρίς, προσεχώς, ταχέως, ενωρίς
Adverb(1) in the near future
(1) it soon became clear that we had no chance(2) They argued that if they would have to fight the ban they would prefer to start as soon as possible.(3) I'd just as soon Tim did it(4) At this early stage it is too soon to say whether it has been a good or bad thing to do or what the repercussions of it all might be.(5) Go the other way and you will soon arrive on one of the fabulous southern beaches.(6) he'll be home soon(7) The one drawback is that it is short lived and will soon become woody and overlarge.(8) Taylor didn't object and soon began to laugh once more as they started to muck about.(9) it's a pity you have to leave so soon(10) Hutton will be wrapping up his inquiry soon and the report will be out shortly afterwards.(11) it won't be built that soon(12) It has novelty value but that will soon wear off once the menu options are exhausted.(13) they arrived soon after 7.30(14) Indeed he says that many employees are resigned to the idea that they may soon have a new parent.(15) everyone will soon know the truth(16) Once in place they seed very easily and can soon take over every available spot.
(1) so on :: σύντομα
(2) as soon as :: μόλις
(3) as soon as possible :: όσο το δυνατόν συντομότερα
(4) as soon :: το συντομότερο
(5) very soon :: πολύ σύντομα
(6) soon after :: αμέσως μετά
(7) come soon :: έλα σύντομα
(8) too soon :: πολύ νωρίς
(9) soon afterwards :: αμέσως μετά
1. shortly ::
σε σύντομο χρονικό διάστημα
2. early ::
3. before long ::
πριν από καιρό
soon, sooner, soonest
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So you think she'll be single SOON?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
Not too SOON, let's hope.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
Oh. Thank you very much.
Come back SOON.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
♪ And if the dam breaks open
Many years too SOON ♪
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
Soon they'll return,
singing songs of men in gold masks.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
English to Greek Dictionary: soon
Meaning and definitions of soon, translation in Greek
language for soon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of soon in Greek and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'soon'
What soon means in Greek, soon meaning
in Greek, soon
definition, examples and pronunciation
of soon in Greek language.